SØK FOR FAEN : Open Call
A young experimental female artist based in Norway?
Looking for a chance to produce your work in collaboration with established art institutions and experts in the field of experimental and digital art? Apply for FAEN – Female Artistic Experiments Norway!
FAEN Open Call
The open call “Søk for FAEN” invites all young female artists (under 35 years of age) in Norway to propose an experimental artwork or a new concept to be developed especially for the FAEN exhibition at Atelier Nord gallery in Oslo, October 2019. Works discussing our relationship to the digital technology and experimenting with digital formats will be prioritized.
The exhibition at Atelier Nord will be a result of a production and talent development process. The following institutions will support the selected artists during their production process:
– PNEK – Production Network for Electronic Art Norway (Oslo),
– BEK – Bergen Electronic Art Centre (Bergen),
– i/o/lab – Centre for Future Art (Stavanger), and
– Notam – Center for the development and innovative use of technology in music and the arts (Oslo).
This is an excellent opportunity for the young female artists to kick-start their professional career. It is also an opportunity for established artists and experts in the field to contribute to the new generation of female artists in Norway.
Application deadline: February 15th 2019
Kulturrådet project applications: March 5th.
Production dates: May – September
Exhibition dates: October 10th – November 3rd, 2019
To APPLY FOR FAEN, send the following information to email@example.com
– Short biography (200 words)
– Concept description of the proposed project (200-300 words)
– Concept sketches or photo and video documentation
– Webpage or a short portfolio
If accepted, FAEN further provides
– Exhibition fee
– Possibility to take part in the 2020 FAEN events
– Present your work at the FAEN Symposium
– Advice and production support by the partner institutions
– Travel costs, stay in Oslo to install the exhibition
– Support and guidance to apply for additional production funding
– Depending on each individual project, a possible production fee is provided by FAEN