SØK FOR FAEN : Open Call
Are you a young experimental female artist based in Norway? Looking for a chance to produce your work in collaboration with established art institutions and experts in the field of experimental and digital art? Apply for FAEN – Female Artistic Experiments Norway!
The open call “Søk for FAEN” invites Norway based female artists under 35 years of age and/or graduated within the last year to propose an experimental artwork or a new concept to be developed especially for the FAEN exhibition series. Planned exhibitions are at Atelier Nord gallery in Oslo, October 2019, and the biennale for art & technology Meta.Morf in Trondheim March 2020.
Works discussing our relationship with digital technologies and as well experimenting with digital formats will be prioritized.
The following institutions will support the selected artists during their production process:
– PNEK – Production Network for Electronic Art Norway (Oslo),
– TEKS – Trondheim Electronic Arts Centre
– BEK – Bergen Electronic Art Centre (Bergen),
– i/o/lab – Centre for Future Art (Stavanger), and
– Notam – Center for the development and innovative use of technology in music and the arts (Oslo).
FAEN is an excellent opportunity for the young female artists to kick-start their professional career. It is also an opportunity for established artists and experts in the field to contribute to the new generation of female artists in Norway.
Application deadline: February 15th 2019
Kulturrådet project applications: March 5th
Production dates: May – September
First exhibition dates: October 10th – November 3rd, 2019 @ Atelier Nord, Oslo
To APPLY FOR FAEN, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Short biography (200 words)
– Concept description of the proposed project (200-300 words)
– Concept sketches or photo and video documentation
– Webpage or a short portfolio
If accepted, FAEN further provides
– Exhibition fee
– Possibility to take part in the 2020 FAEN events
– Present your work at the FAEN Symposium
– Advice and production support by the partner institutions
– Travel costs, stay in Oslo to install the exhibition
– Support and guidance to apply for additional production funding
– Depending on each individual project, a possible production fee is provided by FAEN